The Director of Administration and Finance will serve as a key member of IFAS’ senior management team and will work along with the CEO to oversee, provide direction, and manage functions including human resources, facilities, communications, accounting, payroll, contracts compliance, facilities, security, ISSO, and risk mitigation. These functions provide critical support that will enable IFAS’ technical and operations teams to manage and implement projects and pursue new business. This position will report to the CEO.
- Provides guidance and oversees HR functions by leading the HR team relative to staffing, training & development, performance evaluation, employee relations, total rewards (compensation, benefits, and employee incentives) and assessing employee morale and addressing employee concerns. Ensures adherence to best practices in HR and compliance to local and federal employment laws.
- Supports business development and technical function by overseeing the drafting of contracts for employees, consultants, clients, subcontractors, vendors and ensuring compliance.
- Develops and promote IFAS’ communications strategy that promotes the company’s global reputation for thought leadership and manages the use of company’s digital tools
- Manages IFAS’ relationships with vendors including the selecting, troubleshooting, and negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Improves efficiency of IFAS by ensuring security of employee and premises, building maintenance, and compliance to CDC regulations. Oversees the development and implementation of processes that will improve IFAS’ daily operations. Responsible for logistics related to office relocations, office reopening’s/closures, and lease renewals.
- Will strengthen the working relationship between corporate functions and technical functions which includes business development and project implementation. Provide support not only to headquarters but also to employees on client site.
- Overseas payroll and accounting functions.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets and compiles financial reports for clients and Portfolio Managers.
- Monitors LOC Budget including quarterly updates against actual costs and staff changes and projections
- Overseas the preparation of Monthly financial reports
- Oversees invoice processes and subcontractor costs, manages invoice payment and tracking.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Master’s (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in one of the following or related fields: public administration, business and business administration, public policy, law, international business and law, or finance.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a senior manager of a US government contractor, preferably one working in the professional services industry.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities, paying attention to detail under tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Familiarity with ADP reports
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint is a plus
- Ability to manage accounting functions and workflow
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and other computer systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.