The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / Civil Account Executive will develop and execute an aggressive business development/marketing campaign across the assigned market segment to grow business through new opportunities and expand business within current contracts and programs.
Reponsiblities include the following:
- Perform strategic account development and management in the federal civilian marketplace with DHS as the primary focus and target agency.
- Manage a portfolio of existing task orders/programs while building domain expertise and customer knowledge and insight
- Review new task order proposal and contract task order modificaiton request, then support approach to formulate, develop, price, and delivering winning responses necessary to grow contract.
- Work with programmatic subject matter experts to develop repeatable, solution-based technical and program management approaches
- Develop, coach, and retain high-performance teams, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Manage existing teaming partnerships (prime and subcontractor) and develop future teaming partnerships
- Monitor project cost, schedule, and performance to include risk and quality management of existing contracts
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus
- 15 years’ experience, with at least 7 of those years developing business through new opportunity identification and providing leadership to program managers, teams, and subcontractors
- Experience managing $20M+/year P&L from multiple programs
- Experience managing large, strategic IDIQ/GWAC programs
- Experience supporting Requests For Proposals (RFP) in fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding and customer relationships throughout DHS and other Federal Civilian Agencies
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred, though relevant work experience will be considered
- Awareness of key competitors in the market segment contractor space to support business development and build competitive discriminators
Experience working with small business set aside designators and delivering growth in the full & open marketplace